The HealthlinkNY Powered by HealtheConnections Health Information Exchange (HIE) gives payers access to the critical missing piece of their member records: clinical data. Increasingly, payers see regional HIEs like HealthlinkNY as valuable partners in care coordination, population health management, and quality reporting. Also, HealthlinkNY Powered by HealtheConnections’ data analytics team can work with payers to create innovative products to solve specific payer needs.
How Payers Benefit by Connecting to HealthlinkNY Powered by HealtheConnections:
- You can reduce medical costs. The HIE saves payers money by reducing duplicate testing, diagnostic errors, and the risk of other medical errors.
- You’ll save time. HealthlinkNY Powered by HealtheConenctions saves payers time by giving them immediate access to comprehensive clinical records when needed.
- You can identify high-risk members. HIE data facilitates risk stratification, so payers can identify high-need members who would benefit from care coordination.
- You can improve transitions in care. Health plans can proactively manage transitions in care, particularly after hospital discharge. The HIE can be used to reconcile medications and identify patients that did not receive follow-up care as directed.
- It’s easier to manage preauthorization requests. With access to the member’s full medical records, payers can make more informed decisions about preauthorization requests.
- You’ll have essential information for data analytics. The abundance of information in the HIE assists payers in assessing claims or do a deep dive into quality metrics.
- You can manage population health. Payers can aggregate data to assess member health from a population perspective.
- HealthlinkNY Powered by HealtheConnections supports value-based payment contracts. With HIE data, payers can build effective value-based payment plans.
Services that Benefit Payers:
- Record Lookup
- Direct Mail
- Population Health