HealthlinkNY Powered by Healtheconnections has over 100 long-term care agencies participating in the Health Information Exchange (HIE). With a population that frequently transitions between healthcare settings and sees multiple providers, long term care facilities depend on the HIE to stay on top of their residents’ health.
How Long-Term Care Facilities Benefit by Connecting to HealthlinkNY Powered by HealtheConnections:
- You get instant access to patient information. Long-term care facilities treat many patients with complex conditions, which can be a challenge to manage and balance. It is important that nurses and aides, who do not always see the same patients, can quickly get up to speed on the patient’s condition—particularly the patient’s medications.
- You stay informed of recent hospitalizations or primary care visits. You can see if the resident’s medications or diagnoses were changed. You can actually read the provider’s notes taken during the encounter.
- You can save time and money. You have immediate access to a resident’s discharge orders after hospitalization, so you can arrange the appropriate follow-up care. You also get immediate access to test results and lab reports instead of waiting for them to arrive in the mail. Your staff can work more efficiently because all the information is available at their fingertips. No searching through files.
- Streamline the intake process. Every time you get a new resident, you get access to the individual’s complete medical record. HealthlinkNY allows you to view all the data you need—demographic information, emergency contacts, medications, allergies, healthcare providers, and more—are in HealthlinkNY Powered by HealtheConnections. And you can trust that the information is accurate.
- You keep your EHR system. HealthlinkNY Powered by HealtheConnections connects to most EHR systems, and we work directly with your EHR vendor to set it up. See the full list of connections here.
Services of Particular Benefit Long-Term Care Facilities: