As a health home agency, the coordination of care is of the utmost importance, and what better tool to utilize than the Health Information Exchange (HIE). Currently, there are six health homes that utilize the HIE to better coordinate care for their clients as their clients receive care from various providers throughout the community.
How Health Homes Benefit by Connecting to HealthlinkNY Powered by HealtheConnections:
- It’s easier to coordinate care. The HIE improves a health home coordinator’s ability to manage care. With the HIE, you can: see if clients make it to their appointments; receive an alert if they are admitted to a hospital: assist with referrals: see test results; and much more. Connecting to the HIE helps fill in the knowledge gaps about your patients.
- HealthlinkNY streamlines intake. The myConnections clinical portal has a complete picture of the client’s health. Within minutes of a client signing the HealthlinkNY consent form, the coordinator can determine if they are eligible for the program or not.
- You can receive instant alerts on your clients. With myAlerts, care coordinators can receive alerts whenever one of their clients is admitted or discharged from an in-patient facility or hospital. These alerts allow the care manager to stay continually updated, collaborate with hospital staff, and coordinate discharges.
- You’ll have better coordination of care between physical and behavioral health care teams. As a health home, your clients have complex treatment plans that often involve both their physical and mental well-being. With HealthlinkNY Powered by HealtheConnections, you can develop a more informed treatment plan more quickly, and adjust it as necessary based on other medical interventions.
- You can save both time and money. Using the myConnections clinical portal and receiving alerts can dramatically reduce the time a care coordinator spends on calling providers, waiting for faxes, and investigating episodes of care.
Services of Particular Benefit to Health Home Agencies: