As a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), coordinating care for your patients is a priority, which is why FQHCs depend on the Health Information Exchange (HIE) to manage patient care. Join the FQHCs that are already using HealthlinkNY Powered by HealtheConnections to better coordinate care: The Institute for Family Health, Cornerstone Family Healthcare, Open Door Family Medical Centers, and Refuah Health Center.
How FQHCs Benefit by Connecting to HealthlinkNY Powered by HealtheConnections:
- You’ll experience improved productivity at the initial visit. The HIE is a central repository of data from organizations throughout our region and New York State. Providers can learn more about their patient by accessing their complete record in the HIE, thus making the patient’s first visit more productive.
- Improve care coordination. Stay informed of all aspects of your patient’s health by viewing their complete record and receiving alerts on hospital admissions and discharges.
- Reach a higher quality of care. Avoid duplicate laboratory tests or diagnostic imaging by looking up labs and images in the patient’s HIE record, thus reducing time spent waiting for results and helping patients avoid out-of-pocket costs. You also can view past results to put the patient’s latest results in context.
- Improve transitions of care. HealthlinkNY Powered by HealtheConnections helps you avoid lapses in care when the patient transitions from one healthcare setting to another. You will have access to the patient’s hospital records and discharge papers to ensure continuity of care. You can use Direct Mail to send HIPAA-compliant messages to your patient’s other providers to facilitate care coordination.
- You can save time and reduce the risk of errors. HealthlinkNY Powered by HealtheConnections gives you access to your patient’s complete medical history from all of his or her providers. You can make a more informed diagnosis in less time if you do not have to wait to receive records from other providers. With access to your patient’s prior diagnoses and medication history, you reduce the chance of an adverse interaction.
- You’ll see where your patients are receiving care. HealthlinkNY Powered by HealtheConnections will send you an alert every time one of your patients is admitted or discharged from the hospital. You also can quickly check on whether your patient has followed up on referrals to specialists, and the results of the specialist’s examination.
- You can coordinate care between physical and behavioral healthcare teams. As an FQHC, you may be supporting people with medical and behavioral health needs. With HealthlinkNY Powered by HealtheConnections, you can follow your patient’s treatment progress on both fronts, and adjust your treatment plan as necessary based on other medical interventions.
Services of Particular Benefit to FQHCs: