Here's a Good Reason to Contribute Data: $$$$
February 11th, 2017
Begin to contribute data to the HealthlinkNY HIE by September 30th, and you may be eligible for an $8,000 incentive or more.
Sure, we want all providers to link to the Health Information Exchange (HIE). But linking is just a first step. What providers really need to do is to contribute data,
“The value of the HIE is only as good as the data it contains,” explains Christina Galanis, President and CEO of HealthlinkNY. “If a provider gets consent from a patient to look up the patient’s complete medical history and it isn’t in the HIE, it doesn’t do the provider or patient much good.”
Some good news
1. The Data Exchange Incentive Program (DEIP), offered by the New York State Department of Health and funded by the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid, is offering $8,000 to eligible provider organizations that connect their electronic health record systems to the HIE and begin to contribute data by September 30, 2017
2. New York State has expanded the type of entities eligible for DEIP. Newly eligible are New York State-regulated nursing homes, diagnostic and treatment centers, certified home health care agencies, long-term home healthcare programs, and hospice. Behavioral health organizations are included as well.
3. Organizations that have Medicare and Medicaid Eligible Professionals (EPs) that meet New York State Meaningful Use thresholds continue to be eligible. Provider organizations may be able to receive an additional incentive of $500 per eligible professional in the practice, up to 40 EPs per connection.
How the Program Works
There are three parts to the incentive.
1. Provider organizations are eligible for a “signing” incentive of $2,000 if they sign a participation agreement (PAR) with HealthlinkNY or their local Qualified Entity (QE). This applies to PARs signed on or after October 1, 2016. But don’t worry—if you signed a PAR before October 1, 2016, you may still be eligible.
2. There is an $8,000 incentive available to organizations if they begin to contribute data by September 30, 2017. (Note: even if you signed your PAR before October 1, 2016, you may be eligible for this incentive.) DEIP specifies which data set or elements are required for different types of providers. HealthlinkNY can explain which data your organization is required to contribute.
3. A $500 additional incentive payment for each EP in the organization, up to 40 EPs per connection.
Here’s what you can do:
Don’t delay! Funding is limited and is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Some restrictions apply. To learn more, call Noele Lynch, manager of contracts & reporting at HealthlinkNY at 844-840-0050 or email us at email@example.com
to learn more about the DEIP Incentive.