The HealthlinkNY Health Information Exchange (HIE) gives payers access to the critical missing piece of their member records: clinical data. Increasingly, payers see regional HIEs like HealthlinkNY as valuable partners in care coordination, population health management, and quality reporting. Also, HealthlinkNY’s data analytics team can work with payers to create innovation products to solve specific payer needs.
How Payers Benefit by Connecting to HealthlinkNY:
- You can reduce medical costs. HealthlinkNY saves payers money by reducing duplicate testing, diagnostic errors, and the risk of other medical errors.
- You’ll save time. HealthlinkNY saves payers time by giving them immediate access to comprehensive clinical records when needed.
- You can identify high-risk members. HIE data facilitates risk stratification, so payers can identify high-need members who would benefit from care coordination.
- You can improve transitions in care. Health plans can proactively manage transitions in care, particularly after hospital discharge. HealthlinkNY can be used to reconcile medications and identify patients that did no receive follow-up care as directed.
- It’s easier to manage preauthorization requests. With access to the member’s full medical records, payers can make more informed decisions about preauthorization requests.
- You’ll have essential information for data analytics. The abundance of information in HealthlinkNY assists payers in assessing claims or do a deep dive into quality metrics.
- You can manage population health. Payers can aggregate data to assess member health from a population perspective.
- HealthlinkNY supports value-based payment contracts. With HealthlinkNY data, payers can build effective value-based payment plans.
HealthlinkNY Services that Benefit Payers:
- Record Lookup
- Direct Mail
- Population Health