There are over 55 home care agencies that are connected and using the HealthlinkNY Health Information Exchange (HIE). Connecting to the HIE improves the quality of care for patients, improves care coordination between staff and outside providers, and positively impact the organization’s bottom line.
How Home Care Agencies Benefit by Connecting to HealthlinkNY:
- You’ll get instant access to patient information. Home care agencies treat many patients with complex conditions, which can be a challenge to manage and balance. It is important that nurses and aides, who do not always see the same patients, can quickly get up to speed on the patient’s condition—particularly the patient’s medications and discharge instructions.
- You receive alerts when patients are hospitalized or discharged. You know when patients have been admitted to an emergency room or hospital, so you can schedule your people accordingly. You also can look up hospital records in near real-time to find out when patients are likely to be discharged.
- You will be informed of recent hospitalizations and primary care visits. You can see if the resident’s medications or diagnoses were changed. You can actually read the provider’s notes taken during the encounter.
- You can save time and money. You have immediate access to a resident’s discharge orders after hospitalization, so you can provide the appropriate follow-up care. You also get immediate access to test results and lab reports.
- HealthlinkNY streamlines the intake process. Every time you get a new resident, you get access to the individual’s complete medical record. HealthlinkNY allows you to view all the data you need—demographic information, emergency contacts, medications, allergies, healthcare providers, and more—are in HealthlinkNY. And you can trust that the information is accurate.
- You keep your EHR system. HealthlinkNY connects to most EHR systems, and we work directly with your EHR vendor to set it up..
- Communicate with your patient’s providers. HealthlinkNY’s HIPAA-compliant Direct Mail Service enables you to directly send and receive messages with the entire care team. No more telephone tag or waiting for faxes. It’s a better experience for you and your patient.
HealthlinkNY Services of Particular Benefit to Home Care Agencies:
- Patient Lookup
- EHR Connection
- Direct Mail
- Results Routing