As a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), coordinating care for your patients is a priority, which is why FQHCs depend on the HealthlinkNY Health Information Exchange (HIE) to manage patient care. Join the FQHCs that are already using HealthlinkNY to better coordinate care: The Institute for Family Health, Cornerstone Family Healthcare, Open Door Family Medical Centers, and Refuah Health Center.
How FQHCs Benefit by Connecting to HealthlinkNY:
- You’ll experience improved productivity at initial visit. The HIE is a central repository of data from organizations throughout our region and New York State. Providers can learn more about their patient by accessing their complete record in the HIE, thus making the patient’s first visit more productive.
- HealthlinkNY will improve care coordination. Stay informed of all aspects for your patient’s health by viewing their complete record and receiving alerts on hospital admissions and discharges.
- HealthlinkNY improves quality of care. Avoid duplicate laboratory tests or diagnostic imaging by looking up labs and images in the patient’s HIE record, thus reducing time spent waiting for results and helping patients avoid out-of-pocket costs. You also can view past results to put the patient’s latest results in context.
- You can improve transitions of care. HealthlinkNY helps you avoid lapses in care when the patient transitions form one healthcare setting to another. You will have access to the patient’s hospital records and discharge papers to ensure continuity of care. You can use HealthlinkNY Direct Mail to send HIPAA-compliant messages to your patient’s other providers to facilitate care coordination.
- You can save time and reduce the risk of errors. HealthlinkNY gives you access to your patient’s complete medical history from all of his or her providers. You can make a more informed diagnosis in less time if you do not have to wait to receive records from other providers. With access to your patient’s prior diagnoses and medication history, you reduce the chance of an adverse interaction.
- You’ll see where your patients are receiving care. HealthlinkNY will send you an alert every time one of your patients is admitted or discharged from the hospital. You also can quickly check on whether your patient has followed up on referrals to specialists, and the results of the specialist’s examination.
- You can coordinate care between physical and behavioral healthcare teams. As a FQHC, you may be supporting people with complex medical and behavioral health needs. With HealthlinkNY, you can follow your patient’s treatment progress on both fronts, and adjust your treatment plan as necessary based on other medical interventions.
HealthlinkNY Services of Particular Benefit to FQHCs:
- Patient Lookup
- EHR Connection
- Direct Mail
- Results Routing
- Image Exchange